BC Coast Pilots are committed to safe and efficient pilotage
The BC Coast Pilots’ ethics policy gives general statements of the principles of ethical conduct in order that the directors, officers and shareholder/employees of the British Columbia Coast Pilots Ltd. may fulfill their duty to the vessels that they serve, to the public, to their profession and to their fellow shareholder employees.
The BC Coast Pilots Ltd. (the “Company”) is committed to the provision of a safe and efficient pilotage, to the protection of the environment and to conducting its business in a manner which protects the health and safety of the crew and passengers of the vessels to which it provides pilotage services, the shareholder/employees of the Company and the general public.
Shareholder/employees of the Company shall, at all times, act with fairness, courtesy and good faith to the parties to whom they provide pilotage services, to the Company and its directors and officers, to their fellow shareholder/employees and to the public.
In keeping with the foregoing basic tenets, each shareholder/employee, director and officer of the Company shall, in acting as such:
- Conduct their pilotage assignments in accordance with the prevailing acts, regulations and notices, at all times upholding the highest standards of professional mariners.
- Avoid any activity which compromises or may compromise the judgment of that person or cause that person to show undue favour to any party
- Not participate in business activities which are contrary to the best interests of the Company.
- Ensure that there is no conflict of interest between the personal business interests of that person and the interests of the Company.
- Protect the Company’s confidential information and confidential information relating to other shareholder/employees, directors and officers from unauthorized disclosure and use.